As we age, our skin starts to show signs of fatigue instead of looking youthful and hydrated, the appearance of your skin begins to appear duller and more dehydrated the main reason for this is a decline in the production of hyaluronic acid in the epidermis as well as reduced levels of lactic acid in the dermis, which results in a reduction of fatty acids there too.
Niacinamide is an effective and safe alternative that can help reverse the signs of skin aging, it works by improving and increasing the production of hyaluronic acid and lactic acid in your skin.
In addition, it supports healthy collagen formation, which helps restore elasticity and firmness to your complexion. Read on to learn more about niacinamide and its benefits for your skin…
Why is it Important to Have Healthy Skin?
Healthy skin can look younger and more radiant a healthy complexion is the result of a balance of skin hydration, pigmentation, and tone, for example, hydration refers to the amount of water present on the surface of your skin and the capacity of your dermis to hold water.
Too little hydration in the skin can lead to dryness and wrinkled skin, while too much can cause redness, scaling, and flaking.
Incorrect levels of pigmentation in your skin can leave you with dark spots, uneven tone, or acne scars, as well as incorrect levels of pigmentation, can also cause areas of your skin to look abnormal, such as hyperpigmentation around the mouth due to excessive oral sugary intake or hyperpigmentation on the arms or legs due to excessive sun exposure.
How Does Niacinamide Work?
Niacinamide is often referred to as an anti-aging ingredient as it has been proven to improve the health of your skin.
The benefits of niacinamide have been found to increase the amount of hyaluronic acid and lactic acid present in your skin. Both of these are essential components of healthy skin.
Hyaluronic acid is the main component found in the dermis of the skin, which cushions our muscles, bones, ligaments, and skin.
Lactic acid is also present in the dermis and is what produces the slip our skin receives when we flex it such as when we stretch when yawning and when you use niacinamide, it helps restore these important components to your skin’s surface.
Benefits of Using Niacinamide for Skin Care
- Prevents And Treats Signs Of Skin Aging, it has been shown to increase the amount of hyaluronic acid and lactic acid present in your skin, which is key for anti-aging.
- Improves Skin Texture And Elasticity, since it promotes the growth of healthy skin, niacinamide can also improve skin texture, increasing collagen and elastin levels.
- Improves Skin Health Through Defense Against Antibacterial Agents
- Niacinamide can also help skin defend itself against bacterial agents such as bacteria that cause acne or blackheads.
- Boosts Skin Immunity – In addition to boosting skin immunity, niacinamide has been found to improve skin immunity by increasing the antibodies in your skin!
- Gluten-Free – Niacinamide is gluten-free.
Should you Use Niacinamide in your Routine?
Yes! Niacinamide is a beneficial ingredient to add to your skincare routine and it can be used both morning and night, depending on your skin’s needs.
With the right products and understanding of how they work together, you can prevent and treat signs of skin aging, improve skin texture, boost immunity, and prevent and clear skin blemishes.
Just remember to follow a regular skincare routine and eat a balanced, healthy diet, happy, healthy-looking skin is right around the corner.